Intimate lightening treatments are an all-natural bleaching technique using enzymes, acids and LED light to brighten darkened areas on your body.
Darkening can be caused by shaving, aging, hormones, pregnancy, melasma, ethnicity, melanin production, scarring or stretch marks. Book a consult with an experienced esthetician today!
Intimate bleaching is the safest and most effective way to lighten and brighten your nether regions, regardless of your gender, age, and race. At Illume Cosmetic Surgery and MedSpa we use an all-natural formula to lighten the skin in your intimate areas, including vagina, areolas, anus, and genitals.
Whether you are a man or a woman, you can get a visibly smoother, softer, and flawless intimate area with our advanced skin treatments.
We also offer skin lightening treatments to brighten up the skin in other problematic areas, such as your knees, elbows, and underarms.
During the intimate bleaching process, the hyperpigmented skin areas are treated with a compound of safe acids and fruit extracts that are non-abrasive. At Illume, we don’t use any toxic or harsh chemicals at all – all of our intimate area bleaching treatments are performed with high-quality botanicals.
This treatment works effectively in eliminating the appearance of dark spots, burn marks, acne scars, and other blemishes on your private areas.
Our intimate lightening treatments have proven to work on all skin types and colors, including those with super sensitive skin. The majority of our patients see desired results after the first visit, with their skin getting 1 to 2 shades lighter.
The number of sessions you need depends on how darker your skin is in the area compared to the rest of your body. Most patients need 3-6 treatments for the best outcome, but again, it depends on how pigmented your skin is.
- Anal Bleaching (30 minutes)
- Underarms (30 minutes)
- Inner Thigh/Groin (30 minutes)
- Labia Majora (30 minutes)
- Knees (30 minutes)
- Elbows (30 minutes)
- Areola (30 minutes)
- After Care Advice
Avoid sweating or getting the treated area wet for a minimum of 2 hours after either 4 step professional treatment has been performed or after using the brighten up 2 step system.
Avoid the sun and always wear a minimum of SPF 30+ to areas that are exposed to UV rays to prevent hyperpigmentation from returning.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is “Anal Bleaching” and is it only used on this area?
Anal Bleaching is the process of brightening the skin in the anal region and is commonly used on other intimate areas like the labia, nipples and underarms. It can also be used on any external area of the body with hyperpigmentation.
Is it common to have discolored intimate areas?
Yes, it’s more common than people think. The main causes for hyperpigmentation include sun exposure, hormonal influences including pregnancy, age, skin injury and inflammation. Any area on the body that has redness from sunburn, chaffing or irritation can eventually darken.
How light will the area become with regular use?
The all-natural formula will safely lighten the skin to a more even skin tone. You will not achieve any hypopigmentation, where the skin becomes lighter than the baseline skin color.
How long until the results are seen?
Potential for 1-3 shades lighter after a minimum of 3-5 sessions, more may be recommended depending on level of brightening desired (consult with your Aesthetician).
Do the products contain any harsh chemicals?
No, our products are all-natural and do not contain harsh chemicals like hydroquinone, kojic acid or mercury. Hydroquinone is associated with many unpleasant side effects and it is our opinion that it is not appropriate for use on intimate areas.
Are these products safe for people with hypersensitive skin?
All our products are formulated and designed to be gentle and mild enough for use on sensitive skin and areas. If your client has any known sensitivities to our key ingredients, we strongly recommend doing a small patch test before applying to a hypersensitive area.
Are these products safe for pregnant women?
Completely natural and safe however, it is not recommended for use while pregnant due to heightened hormones as this is when pigmentation can be caused. For best results use after pregnancy and breastfeeding.
Where are the products made?
Proudly made in the USA in FDA approved labs. They contain only high-quality, all-natural ingredients for safe and effective results.
Are the products all vegan friendly?
Yes 100% vegan friendly as our ingredients are plant derived.
The main active lightening ingredients are:
- Phenylethyl Resorcinol: A whitening agent that has been found to have the ability to inhibit tyrosinase activity
- Lactic Acid: AHA To treat hyperpigmentation, age spots and improve uneven skin tone.
- Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C): A stable, water-soluble form of vitamin C that functions as an antioxidant and is potentially effective for brightening an uneven skin tone.
- Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Extract: antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and skin-conditioning properties, reduces excess oil.
- Emblica Phyllanthus (Indian Gooseberry) Extract: Contains very high amounts of Vitamin C, or Ascorbic Acid, a powerful antioxidant known to reduce wrinkles, suppress pigmentation, and help skin retain its natural moisture.
- Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C): A soluble derivative of vitamin C, which is non irritating and more stable than pure vitamin C, which means it is well suited for extra sensitive skin.
- Arctostaphylos Uva-Ursi (Bearberry) Leaf Extract: Bearberry extract (Latin name Arctostaphylos uva ursi) has antioxidant properties, and is known to have skin-brightening properties.
- Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Extract: Antioxidant, skin-conditioning agent – humectant, Licorice is a soothing and healing extract used to treat sensitive, irritated or inflamed skin. It also helps to reduce the appearance of age spots and discoloration as a natural skin lightener.
- Morus Alba (Mulberry) Extract: Has antioxidant properties, but its main benefit for skin has to do with calming signs of irritation along with its potential to fade the look of discolorations and uneven skin tone.
- Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Extract: high levels of natural antioxidants, particularly Vitamin C. Research has shown the association between application of Vitamin C and the protection of skin from potential UV damage, as well as its ability to help lighten discoloration.