Traveling to a new city to get your cosmetic surgery procedure done can be a scary situation for most people. If you aren’t familiar with the area, it can be uncomfortable and add stress to what should be an exciting day. If you have scheduled or are thinking about scheduling your plastic surgery with Illume and need to travel, we can help. We want you to feel like you are at home, and this blog will tell you everything that you need to get comfortable in Milwaukee before your surgery.
Where To Stay Around Milwaukee and Waukesha
Illume recommends two locations to stay at when visiting Milwaukee. Both of these hotels offer a caring and healing environment with comfortable accommodations. While you’re recovering here, enjoy luxury rooms and courteous staff. Room service is available along with free Wi-Fi to ensure a comfortable stay.
Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront – 4700 N Port Washington Road Milwaukee, WI 53212
- Holiday Inn Milwaukee Riverfront is located 5 minutes from our Milwaukee location and 20 minutes from our Waukesha location.
- Please call 414-962-6040 to receive our Illume discounted rate.
Renaissance Milwaukee West Hotel – 2300 N. Mayfair Road Wauwatosa, WI 53226
- Renaissance Milwaukee West Hotel is located 15 minutes from both our Waukesha and Glendale, WI locations.
- Please call 414-771-2300 to receive our Illume discounted rate.
Refreshing and Nutritious Food in Milwaukee
The Milwaukee area is a haven for refreshing and nutritious food options. From vibrant salad and juice bars serving fresh, nutrient-packed bowls to farm-to-table restaurants highlighting locally sourced ingredients, there is a wide range of choices to satisfy health-conscious diners. Whether you’re seeking plant-based delights at vegan and vegetarian eateries or exploring ethnic cuisine with wholesome offerings, Milwaukee provides ample opportunities to indulge in delicious, nourishing meals that support a balanced and vibrant lifestyle.
Self-Care Actives to do before the Surgery
1. Walk along the River or Lakefront: Stroll along Milwaukee’s scenic riverwalk or the picturesque lakefront to experience the city’s stunning waterways. These leisurely walks provide breathtaking views of the Milwaukee River or Lake Michigan, offering a serene atmosphere and an opportunity to enjoy the natural beauty and fresh air while taking in the sights and sounds of the city.
2. Spa / Yoga: There are many places in the Milwaukee area that offer spa and yoga treatments. Yoga promotes relaxation, flexibility, and mindfulness, preparing both the mind and body for the procedure. Spa treatments, such as massages, enhance circulation, reduce stress, and facilitate a calm state of being, leading to a more successful surgical experience.
3. Pre-Surgery Eating and Drinking: Before plastic surgery, patients are generally instructed to fast for a specified period, refraining from eating or drinking anything, including water. It’s important to follow the specific guidelines provided by the Illume Doctors and staff, if you have any questions, please call us at 414-439-3000.
There are multiple things one can do when visiting Milwaukee, here are just a few.
1. Milwaukee Art Museum: The Art Museum is a renowned cultural institution housing a diverse collection of artworks from various periods and genres. Visitors can immerse themselves in the world of art, exploring captivating exhibitions and appreciating the beauty and creativity on display. Visiting an art museum can help reduce stress and anxiety through aesthetic experiences and it helps with relaxation and mindfulness.
2. Mitchell Park Horticultural Conservatory (The Domes): The Mitchell Park Horticultural Conservatory, popularly known as “The Domes,” is a unique botanical oasis consisting of three geodesic domes. Each dome showcases distinct horticultural environments, including lush tropical plants, desert flora, and seasonal floral displays, allowing visitors to immerse themselves in different natural habitats within a single location. The domes create a calm atmosphere through their natural surrounds, green spaces, and therapeutic benefits and beauty of the plants. It allows visitors to find relaxation and peace, which can be beneficial before surgery.
3. The Milwaukee Public Market: Milwaukee Public Market is located in the Historic Third Ward and is a vibrant gathering place where locals and visitors can discover an array of fresh produce, artisanal food products, and unique culinary offerings. It’s a hub for food lovers, providing a lively and diverse atmosphere to indulge in delicious meals, shop for local ingredients, or simply enjoy the bustling ambiance. This is a great place to take your mind off the surgery to relax and enjoy some amazing food!
Overall, traveling to Milwaukee and Waukesha for your plastic surgery procedure doesn’t have to be a stressful experience. We offer recommendations and resources to help you get comfortable before your surgery. With carefully picked hotels providing a caring and healing environment, access to refreshing and nutritious food options, and opportunities for self-care activities like walks along the river or lakefront, spa treatments, and yoga, you can prepare your mind and body for the procedure!