Let’s face it, there are so many different articles and tips out there to running the perfect skincare routine that it can get confusing. Each person is unique and has their own problems they deal with on a daily basis, so the best judge of your skincare should be you!
You should, however, have a guideline of what to put on and at what time, and that’s what we’ve outlined for you today.
The Importance of The Right Skincare Routine
Each person’s skincare routine is going to be different, but everyone should have something they do to keep their skin happy and healthy. The right skincare routine can help you reduce wrinkles, keep a bright and even skin tone, and provide protection against things like UV rays, dirt, and debris.
One thing to note is that you may need to be patient in your skincare journey. Consistency is key with skincare, so do your best to be as consistent as possible, even if you are traveling or over the holidays. You may not notice changes right away, but in time you will begin to have noticeably healthier skin.
Skincare Routine Steps
Just remember, skincare routines can be customized to your skin, so it’s possible that you have more, or less, steps in the process.
- Cleanser: Start with a gentle cleanser to remove any dirt, oil, or makeup from your skin. This helps your skin reset before continuing.
- Toner: Next, use toner to help remove any other traces of dirt or oil, and balance the pH of your skin and prepare it for the next steps.
- Serum: Apply a serum that targets your specific skin concerns. There are different types of serums you can work with.
- Hydration Serums help hydrate and plump the skin.
- Brightening Serums containing Vitamin C to help brighten and even skin tone.
- Anti-Aging Serums to help reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Acne-Fighting Serums to prevent breakouts and fight current acne within the skin.
- Eye cream: If you use an eye cream, apply it next, focusing on the under-eye area. This helps reduce puffy eyes, dark circles, and wrinkles.
- Moisturizer: After your serum has been absorbed, apply moisturizer to lock in hydration and protect your skin.
- Sunscreen: Lastly, apply a broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of at least 30 to protect your skin from harmful UV rays.
If you have any questions or want to learn more about the perfect skincare routine with Illume RX products, contact us today! We would be happy to answer any questions you have about skincare routines. We can even help pair your normal skincare routine with MedSpa procedures like HydraFacials and Chemical Peels.