Exosomes For Hair Loss
Exosome Hair Loss Therapy
Exosomes are one of the most exiting therapy tools in regenerative medicine today. Exosomes have been used by clinicians in wound care, burns and aesthetic applications including post laser/post micro needling and hair loss therapy.
The plastic surgeons at Illume Cosmetic Surgery have incorporated Exosome injections as part of their armamentarium of tools for treating genetic hair loss.
Exosomes are cell-derived vesicles that are present in many eukaryotic fluids, including blood, urine, and cultured medium of cell cultures. They are packaged inside cellular endosomes and secreted from the cell, and they are responsible for direct cell to cell communication. Exosomes are regarded as the purest form of cellular signaling available because their function is to direct tissue and wound healing by activating cell responses.
Exosomes induce changes in nearby cells that create the appropriate healing environment and aid in tissue repair.
As the technology and discovery of new methods of treating patients has evolved, scientific evidence shows that the optimal way to provide true regenerative therapy is to directly provide the signals as its own therapy and avoid potential issues with delivering and keeping transplanted cells alive.
Although not specifically FDA approved for hair loss, exosomes have shown amazing clinical results for treating hair loss from physicians around the world.
Case Study - Male Pattern Baldness
Patient: 46 year old Male
• 2ml of ExoFlo exosomes, diluted to 10ml with saline
• Injections given approximately 0.5cm apart
• Results shown are at 2 weeks post procedure
At 2 weeks, patient has already shown new hair growth.
Male Pattern Baldness
Patient: 43 year old male with receding frontal hair line as well as thinning of the crown area typical of male pattern baldness
• Applied 5cc Exosomes diluted 1:1 injected 1cm apart evenly across the frontal hair line as well as the crown.
• Performed microneedling on patient’s head at a depth of 1.0 to create additional trauma in the injected areas.
Noticeable results first observed 3 days out from initial injections on the crown of thread where hair was still present but thin while noticeable results were observed at 2 weeks in the frontal area where hair was fully missing. Significant filling and coverage was observed on the crown area at 17 days from initial injection.
Female Androgenic Hair Loss
Patient: 31 year old female with long standing history of diffuse genetic hair loss (androgenetic alopecia).
• Single treatment with exosomes and micro needling
• 2ml ExoFlo diluted with 8ml sterile saline
• Used 31 gauge needle with 10 1ml insulin syringe
• Injected 0.1cc per injection site approximately 1cm apart
At one month, patient has already shown new hair growth.