Platelet Rich Plasma PRP
Facial Rejuvenation with Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
What is Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)?
- Platelet Rich Plasma, known as “PRP” is an injection treatment whereby a person’s own blood is used.
- Blood contains red cells, white cells, platelets and plasma. Platelets are very small cells in your blood that are involved in the clotting process. PRP is obtained by separating the plasma and platelets.
- When these separated platelets are activated and reinjected into the area to be treated, they release a number of enzymes or growth factors which promote healing. This process also attracts stem cells in order to repair skin tissue. As a result new collagen begins to develop.
- As the collagen matures it begins to shrink causing the tightening and strengthening of the skin tissue.
- When treating injured or sun and time damaged tissue PRP promotes remodeling of the tissue to a healthier and younger state.
The most common areas treated are: Eyes, Cheeks and Mid Face, Mouth, Neck, Chest and Décolletage, Jaw-Line, and Back of hands and arms.
- We will assess the degree of skin aging, perform a skin analysis and recommend a sensible treatment with
- Options of facial rejuvenation are explained to you, including efficacy and safety. Cost analysis is discussed and the number of sessions possibly required.